GranuHeap is the first entirely automated instrument able to measure quickly and with high degree of accuracy the slope angle of granular or pulverulent material.
Thanks to a simple algorithm, GranuHeaP also measures a cohesive index that gives information on the flow properties of the studied powder. This instrument is livered by convivial and intuitive software. The user can take it in hand very easily and very quickly independently of its scientific knowledge in the granular materials medium.
Granuheap is an automated instrument able to measure quickly the slope angle of granular material. The instrument allows estimating granular cohesion from a cohesive index connected to the flowability properties of the studied powder.
Results from 2D projections image processing, our instrument measures the slope angle of a powder heap shaped using an initialization step which erases the history of the powder. A rotary table allows the acquisition at will of the 2D projections. Granuheap facilitates the measurement of the variance of the slope angle and reduces the test duration considerably.
The analysis of the 2D projections allows the discrimination of nanopowders, powders and granular materials with different cohesion levels.
Our instrument is delivered with intuitive software that calculates the average, the variance, allows the comparison of results and control accessibility by password.
Dimensions LxPxH (mm) 560x360x570 Weight(kg) 18 Camera USB2.0 Monochrome CMOS Camera Frame resolution 400×600 pixels Light source OLED screen background lighting Computer requirements PC with minimum 2GHz speed, 128 MB RAM, 16 MB RAM on up-to-date
display card, WindowsTM 2000/XP with up-to-date service packs, and a free USB2.0 port
We reserve the right to make technical changes without any prior notice.
- the 2D projection of the powder heap ensures the measurement of the slope angle and provides cohesive index value, indirect measurement of the cohesion powder;
- the GRANUHEAP is equipped with a hermetic door which protects the operator during measurement;
- the dimensions of the GRANUHEAP® allows its introduction into a hood or confined enclosure;
- the collecting container of great capacity located under the rotary table facilitates the cleaning of the GRANUHEAP® considerably;
- the GRANUHEAP is livered with a convivial and ergonomic software that allows to visualize and treat the whole of the recorded images;
- the results are easily and quickly transferable in a Windows environment;
- the software can produce a standard report after each analysis;
- the software ensures a fast visualization of comparative recorded results;
- the access to the GRANUHEAP is controlled by password;
- several sessions/operators can be recorded on only one work station;
- the creation and the recording of routines (SOP) ensure the repeatability of measurements;
The Granuheap Cell is composed of an initialization tube and a collecting container both likely to contain materials with different nature (ceramic, metallic, polymer, pharmaceutical or food powders).
The first erases the powder history whereas the second conditions the shape of the heap. The adjustable diameter of the reception surface (20, 30 or 40 mm) allows bulk measurements ranging between 20 and 90cm3.
The flexibility of the instrumental system allows an easy replacement of the measuring cell. Measurement is simple, fast, intuitive and is automated. The collecting container with great capacity located under the rotary table facilitates considerably the cleaning of the cell.. For more information, please contact us.
Instruments can be rented and purchased at granutools.com
The instrument is produced by Granutools